Although online Asian dating services are becoming more popular and provide an excellent way to meet other Asian singles. Unfortunately the internet also open up novel opportunities for crooks and dishonest individuals to extort money from unsuspecting individuals.
In order to avoid any problems, it is better to be more cautious. Here are some tips and suggestions for you to keep in mind:
Asian Dating Safety Tip #1:
- NEVER ever send cash to someone you have just befriend or chat online. Do not wire money to a person that you have chat online regardless of any reasons they gave you. eg my mother is sick and in hospital, she need to pay for medical bill
Asian Dating Safety Tip #2:
- See Asian dating safety tip #1
Asian Dating Safety Tip #3:
- Be suspicious of individuals who appear to be overtly persistent or pushy in their requests for money
What are the common Asian online dating scams?
Generally speaking, most of the established asian dating services are clean and fun, but there are still some black sheeps lurking around.
Here are some of the reasons they will give you:
- “I really want to meet you but I don’t have enough money to travel to see you.”
- “My family member or me require urgent surgery or treatment for a serious illness”
- “My family member or me has been a victim of a serious or fatal accident and you are the only person who can help me.”
Common examples of scams include requests for large sums of money to make payments towards plane tickets, legal fees, visa and immigration charges, medical expenses, marriage annulment fees etc.
How do I avoid Asian online dating scams?
First of all, you need to choose a reliable and established Asian online dating websites, with that being said, you still need some protective measures in case you are being blinded by love:
- If you feel you must assist someone to purchase a plane ticket, always buy the ticket yourself on behalf of the visitor and make sure the ticket can be refunded in case you need to cancel it
- If you must make any payments, only do so after you have verified the invoice is genuine and pay directly to the organization
- If you do send money to someone, be suspicious of someone who requests more money as soon as they receive the initial amount, report them to the administrator of the Asian dating service
Some people in developing countries like the Philippines often request small amount of money to pay for expenses such as internet access or mobile phone costs to communicate with you. Avoid sending any money to someone you have not met in person, under any circumstances. If you are not sure read Asian dating safety tip #1 again.
Here are some established and highly reliable Asian online dating websites where they have staff who are vigilant and take appropriate action where there is a report on scam by its member.
- Click here to sign up for free in ThaiLoveLinks
- Click here to try FilipinaHeart girls for free